1. Get your tournament date on the State schedule and obtain an
NHPA sanction number from Regional Director:
2. Read the WHPA and NHPA By-Laws and rules to become more
familiar with the rules and regulations of the game. It is a good idea to have
these books at the courts during the tournament.
3. Post and distribute tournament flyers with the following
4. Contact John Secord, WHPA Secretary/Treasurer, W6868 Brown Rd Fond du Lac, WI 54937, (920) 922-0080 for current averages or check the Natstats listing through the NHPA website.
5. Send participants the schedule once it has been set.
6. Prior to the tournament, schedule a club work night to complete round robin cards, result charts, name tags, etc. Have several copies of the tournament schedule on hand, pens and pencils, scoresheets, markers, round robin cards, poster paper, rulers, etc.
7. During the tournament, as Director, it is your duty to keep the pace. It is advisable to post: copy of tournament schedule, Sanction certificate, and prizes.
8. After the tournament, results and the WHPA Tournament players fee of .50 cents per pitcher MUST be sent to John Secord (address above) within 7-14 days. Results form.
9. If your club chooses they may send results to each pitcher.